Monday, November 13, 2006

Psalm 139

This Psalm has always been important to me, and verse 9 continues to emerge as a recurring encouragement: "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast..."

God has brought this verse to mind as I've moved to Korea, Thailand, Philadelphia, and now back to Thailand once again. I'm thankful that there's nowhere I can go where God's all powerful hand cannot hold me fast. There's nowhere I can go that's far away from Him. This thought is especially encouraging when I feel lonely and very far away from those I love the most, who are not just on the other side of the sea, but on the other side of the world. The good news is that God is just as present with them as he is with me.

Let the adventure in Thailand begin!!

3 comments:

y7bro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
y7bro said...

Yea!!! It's a great start with reminding us all of God's nearness!! You rock. Hang in there!

Wendy said...

Wow Deb, its exciting to read about Thailand and how God is using you there. Thank you for sharing information on some of the people you've met - it allows us to pray for them. I'll also pray for your encouragement. Jehovah sees, Jehovah knows!