Saturday, July 28, 2007

Summer Travels

In June I took a vacation to the beach in Hua Hin, a few hours west of Bangkok. A family joined me from Bangkok, as well as Jenny, who works with CAMA in Laos. I had a great time getting to know everyone better, we took morning walks on the beach, ate out at Subway a lot (big treat for me!!), played games and watched videos at night, even a concert of the Bee Gees! We went to "monkey mountain", where all these monkeys live at a temple and were literally attacked by monkeys who wanted our fruit. We didn't really like it much, but felt like you had to visit monkey mountain if you go to Hua Hin! The mountain in the picture below is monkey mountain...


Me and Jenny...
We visited a hotel that one of my old students in Bangkok's family owns. I hadn't seen or talked to them in at least 7 years, but we caught up immediately and were invited to stay at the hotel, given a seaside room and enjoyed our last couple of days in a really beautiful hotel.


No comments: